How to use your own World on your Minecraft server
You can change the default world of your Minecraft server to upload your own world.
These are the steps to follow:
1. Go to your server's control panel and stop the server.
2. Through the panel's file manager, or through an FTP client, find the files of the current worlds on your server.
Depending on the version of your server there may be only one world folder that contains all other dimensions within, or an individual folder for each dimension.
If you haven't changed their names previously, they should be called "world" for the main world, and "world_nether" / "world_the_end" for the Nether and End dimensions respectively.
Once you have them located, select all the worlds and delete them.
3. Connect to your server using an FTP client like Filezilla or WinSCP. If you are not sure how to do it, we have a guide that you can view here.
4. Find where the world folder you want to upload is located on your PC.
5. Drag and drop the world folder from your PC to your server files using your FTP client. It must be in the main directory, which is where your previous world that we deleted was located.
Make sure the world is a normal folder before uploading it and not a compressed file (.rar or .zip). The server will not be able to load the world if it is not a folder.
You can upload the world in .zip format, but if you do this, then you must unzip it from the panel's file manager before starting the server by right-clicking on the file and pressing "Decompress".
5. Once the world has been uploaded correctly, we will rename the folder to "world", by right-clicking and pressing "Rename".
If you don't want to rename it to "world", you can also use the current name of the world folder.
For example, if the world folder is called "MyWorld", on the control panel go to, Configuration> Server Properties, find the parameter "Level name" and write the name of the world. In this case, "MyWorld".
6. After you have completed all the previous steps, you can start the server with your new world!
If you use a world management plugin like Multiverse-Core, you can create and support multiple worlds on your server.
Need help changing the default world or uploading a world? Open a ticket with our support team and we will help you!